Langton House Full Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:-
- All bookings accepted by us in person, by telephone, email, fax or online are subject to the following terms and conditions a copy of which is available upon request. If any part of these terms and conditions are unclear then please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.
- Acceptance of your room key(s) and/or payment of a deposit constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings accepted by us and are governed by English law and so are subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Bookings can only be made by those aged 18 years or over and this person will be held responsible for all members of his/her party. Bookings are only valid for those named at the time of booking and are not transferable or able to be re-sold.
- All bookings only considered accepted upon receipt of your deposit which may be paid in cash, cheque, debit card or credit card. Delays in receiving your deposit may mean the accommodation requested is no longer available.
- This deposit is non-refundable and you are advised to obtain travel insurance against cancellation.
- Our cancellation policy is 72 hours as stated below and if you need to shorten or modify your booking in any way then this must be requested 72 hours before the day(s) in question.
- Cancellations made before this time will qualify for a refund (less deposit).
- Modifications (including changes in room occupancy) are subject to availability and in some cases extra costs.
- Langton House operates and enforces a completely no-smoking policy which includes all public areas and in all bedrooms. However seating is available in our front garden for smokers. If you are found to be smoking in the premises then you will be told to leave immediately and a subsequent night will be charged to your bill as a smoked-in bedroom cannot be used for at least 24 hours.
- Check-in is available between 5pm and 8pm, if you intend to arrive outside of these hours then prior notice must be given and subsequently acknowledged and agreed by Langton House.
- Our check out time is 10am. Late check-outs need to be requested in advance and are subject to availability.
- If you arrive before 5pm we offer a free storage facility for your luggage until your room becomes available. Equally, storage of your luggage following check-out is offered free of charge.
- During your stay with us we request that your behaviour (especially at night) is not dangerous, offensive or noisy or in any way likely to disrupt others. Such behaviour(s) will not be tolerated and following one warning we may subsequently ask you to leave and/or seek police involvement. In such circumstances no refunds or compensation will be given. We may then seek to recover from you the costs of any compensation we may pay to others including our guests as a consequence of your actions.
- If during your stay anything gives you cause for concern then please notify us as soon as possible so we may make efforts to testify this for you.
- We do not offer any accommodation to pets including cats or dogs excluding guide dogs.
- All facilities (including room equipment and breakfast) offered to you are subject to availability although every effort will be made to ensure that all facilities are available and in fit working order for the duration of your stay – we can not guarantee this.
- During your stay you may not bring into the premises any illegal substances or any form of weapon including guns, replica guns, knives, explosives (including fireworks).
- You are expected to treat the premises and it’s contents with care and are responsible for any damage caused or missing items the repair or replacement of which will be charged for at cost.
- All keys issued to you upon arrival are to be looked after and replacements are charged at £25.
- We will endeavour to reunite you with any lost property but after 2 weeks all unclaimed items will be disposed of. A standard charge of £10 plus postage will be charged to cover packing and time to post items.
- Internet access provided to you is done providing that you adhere to all current legislation imposed on us by our ISP.
- During your stay we reserve the right to enter your accommodation at any time for any reasonable purpose (e.g. housekeeping inspection, maintenance or repairs).
Our cancellation policy is a minimum of 72 hours notice before the arrival date, (not arrival time) for a full refund. Under 72 hours we will try to re-let the room. If we are successful we will refund the deposit. This period does not include the day of arrival – so for example our cancellation policy of ’72 hours’ means a reservation must be cancelled at least 72hrs before midnight of the day before arrival to avoid payment of a penalty. Failure to arrive, or late cancellation, will result in a no show charge being charged to your credit card up to the full cost of your booked stay. If a cancellation is made it must be confirmed by Langton House or else the customer will still be deemed to have a confirmed booking.